CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Here's the story....book....

Poor sick Maddi in the hospital! But she actually looks better here b/c she had been on the IV for while..



Scott in Maddi's hospital crib...


And me...just in a different part of the hospital!


Well, where to start?? So I think I last posted that I was supposed to be induced on Wed. Jan 21 unless the baby had already come...(which of course she didn't!). So, the Sunday before the induction date Maddi woke up from her nap early, and when we went in her room...she and her crib were COVERED in throw up!!!!!!!!!! I about died! I had even kept her home from nursery b/c I was afraid of her getting sick right before I had the baby! seesh. So, poor Maddi was so sick and couldnt keep anything down. Grammy Sue got here Monday evening and was just in time to help us take care of Maddi, who was just getting worse. By Tuesday we took her to the Dr. b/c she hadnt keep anything down since Sunday. We ended up needing to bring her to the hospital where they could give her an IV and watch her over night. Giving and IV to a 2 year old, well lets just say its not easy. It took 2 nurses, me, my mom and Scott (he had to step away a few times...poor daddy..) to hold her down for them to draw blood and get the IV in. It was completely heartbreaking. She cried and begged "let go, let go!! help!, hold you..." anything to make us stop... Well, apparently that was stressful enough to send me into labor. About 7pm (ish) we were just hanging out in Maddi's hospital room and I was feeling mighty uncomfortable, but decided that it simply couldn't be labor...not then...and tried to talk myself out of it, ignore it...but nothing worked then they were getting worse... (ANY other day before then, I would have been completely happy to have had her!!) So, about 11:30pm (on tuesday) Mom and I left Scott to stay the night with Maddi in the hospital. I was going to try and sleep as much as I could (though I was fairly certain I was going to tell them I would hold off on being induced b/c of Maddi being so sick). So went to bed about 12:00am Wednesday morning, only to be woken up by the phone at 1:30am by Scott who was completely sick and throwing up at the hospital....
So mom went to the hospital, and Scott came home to sleep...poor guy was SOO sick! I was still having contractions, and they were still getting stronger.. so much for sleep...so I called my doctor and he wanted me to go in and get checked out. So by 3am, we were going back to the hospital...only, I couldn't drive of course, and scott hardly could b/c he was so sick. We made it there, and Scott waited in the waiting room so he wouldnt be spreading his sickness to all the other expecting moms/nurses, me...etc.. I was dialated to a 3 and 90% effaced. This baby was coming within the next 24 hours. I sent the sicky home to sleep (and throw up and what-not) since i figured I'd be in labor for a while... my sis-in law came to keep me company and help me. (THANK YOU!!!!) They gave me medication to speed up the contractions (I figured since she was coming anyway, I better just get the medication and not be in labor for 24 hours like I was with Maddi!) I also recieved and epidural b/c the contractions were getting so bad. I LOVE the epidural, and plan on using one every time =) anyways, by later that morning I was dialated to a 5, and then they broke my water, and I went from a 5 to a 10 in an hour!!!!!!!!!!! I called Scott, he came, and he was covered in hospital gear and a mask, and stood in the corner of the room with the camera. After about 15-20 of pushing we had our little girl!! Scott only looked at her from a distance, got to see her little face and then had to leave. That was very sad and hard for me (I'm sure for him too). I was so happy to finally have the baby and so worried about Scott and Maddi. and worried about me and/or the baby getting sick... (Maddi was released from the hospital right before I was about to start pushing). Anyways, Scott and Maddi are better, baby and I are home and well, thank goodness! What a crazy time! Though, I am very grateful mom was here, my labor was much easier this time (and recovery!) and that my family is healthy again and I have 2 beautiful girls! I am also glad the hospital is under 10 minutes away!!
Sydney has been wonderful, and Maddi's been adjusting as well as can be expected. (though she says NO alot and screams...) thats sure getting old! =)
WHEW!! Anyways, (sorry that was sooo long, but I'm glad I have this all written down now, its easy to forget times and details..)

6 comments:

kaciecooper said...

That picture of scott is sooo funny!! The one of maddi is sad. I hope I don't ever have to do that :S

Kristin said...

Maybe it's the pregnancy but that pretty much sent me to tears. I can't believe you guys had to go through that and I'm SOOO glad your Mom was there to help. I can't wait to visit and meet Sydney. She is so precious. Ryanna also talks about playing with Maddi so we all hope to see you soon. Lots of love.

Anonymous said...

I think Scott ought to be commended for volunteering the info on him being sick and taking all the RIGHT precautions. I miss the old days at AF hospital and can imagine you going between the Peds unit and Labor and delivery (seperated by just one door).

North148 said...

That picture of Scott in the crib is by far my favorite. You did a great job Kristen it wasn't easy but it was well worth it you now have an addition to the family...get some rest and let the grandparents enjoy the kids...

sending a shout out to the Baker family...

The Caldwells said...

oh my goodness - clark had told me that scott was sick, but i had no idea that maddi was in the hospital and all the craziness that went on! i'm glad everyone is feeling better! sydney is beautiful

kira said...

Kristen, That is such a sad story! Colin was sick a lot when Bella was born, but not THAT sick--thank goodness! Sydney is so cute! She looks a lot like you. Congratulations!! We should get together sometime when you feel up to it because in a few months we are going to move. Call me if you ever want to do something!